Experience Yarra Valley Explore More
'Stay & Graze' Melbourne's 'Food & Wine' Playground
Our new two-night ‘Stay & Graze’ package offers an immersive Yarra Valley getaway where the beauty of Yering Gorge Cottages’ natural surrounds is complemented by a full-day grazing experience led by passionate local and Chardonnay lover – Craig Cooney – owner of The Yarra Valley Touring Company.
- Begin your gastronomic journey at Yarra Valley Dairy – where the pairing of coffee and cheese is a natural match – enjoy freshly roasted coffee as you sample a generous variety of cheeses that are made onsite.
- The perfect pairing of oysters and bubbles will get your taste buds dancing as you indulge in a Champagne brunch at Chandon – enjoying a paddle of sparkling wines, freshly shucked oysters and a charcuterie board.
- Victoria’s first vineyard, Yering Station, was established in 1838 – here in this historic cellar door, be taken on a personalised wine journey that is designed to your individual palate and wine preferences.
- Yering Farm showcases ‘father and son’ winemakers who are creating wonderful generational wine stories. Renowned for the Cabernet Sauvignon, guests will also enjoy a tasting of their farmyard apple syder and a Ploughman’s Platter.
- The last stop on this day of food and wine indulgence is Four Pillars– voted the world’s best gin producer not once, but twice. Here guests are taken on a gin discovery journey whilst enjoying a ‘G & T’ paddle.
With a greater demand for private, more tailored touring experiences of the Yarra Valley – where couples and small groups of friends can immerse themselves in the abundance of artisan food and wine experiences that the region is renowned for – ensuring our guests experience the region through the eyes of a local elevates their day. And, there is no one more local, and knowledgeable, than Craig from Yarra Valley Touring Company – he calls the region home and is a lover of Pinot Noir in the cooler months and Chardonnay during the summer.
Our ‘Stay & Graze’ package can be booked in either a one or two-bedroom cottage and includes two nights accommodation, continental breakfast hamper and a full-day grazing experience of the Yarra Valley for two or four guests.
Guests are collected and returned to their cottage at Yering Gorge Cottages, together with any purchases that have been made along the way – ready to be enjoyed in front of a roaring fire or whilst lazing on their cottages’ private deck as they take in the serenity of the private nature reserve whilst watching a spectacular dusk sunset after a day of exploring the Yarra Valley.Book Experience